2016년 11월 10일 목요일

Response: Obama on Trump: 'We are now all rooting for his success'

Although I am a South Korean, I had a lot of my emotions heavily invested with America's 2016 election. Hillary Clinton had a less aggressive foreign and immigration policy which would be better for Korea's relationship with America and my future plans in going to America for college. So, I did want Hillary Clinton to be the next American President but that didn't happen. Donald Trump won the election and like a lot of other Hillary supporters, I was a bit bitter. However, Obama's speech about the result of the election was really healing, heart warming and positive. He basically said that both Democrats and Republicans are essentially on the same side in trying to make America better- which is true. He also congratulated Trump and promised to make the transition of power nice and easy. The intended target of this article was for all American's who cared about the election and the results. A response from a head figure of the Democratic party was also expected, and Obama did a great job in giving the public one. The writer of the article did have a bias for Obama and so did the publisher (CNN). For their defense, after watching the video myself, I feel like Obama did really give a great and hopeful speech. The purpose of this article was to inform the people that despite all the protests and bitter hearts, Obama himself is hopeful (or trying to be) about the results.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기